Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dreams

I haven't updated in a while because I haven't been taking my medicine which means I haven't been getting REM sleep which means I haven't been dreaming.

Soooo instead of posting a new dream I will tell you about how I learned to lucid dream.

I still don't have 100% control 100% of the time. Also, a lot of times it's just more interesting to let dreams happen naturally so I don't have much incentive to gain complete control. But, about 90% of the time, if things get boring or stressful, I can change it without difficulty.

So my stepmom is a psychopath and let me watch Jurassic Park at the tender age of 7. I still have an irrational fear of raptors. It is mainly irrational because they don't exist, but GOD IF THEY DID.

The scene where they are opening the doors to the computer lab still makes me pee a little.

OK so for a long time I had nightmares about raptors chasing me through the jungle. Its was always the same dream and it always scared the shit out of me.

Well, I grew and still had those nightmares. Then, when I was about 13, I was watching an episode of Blues Clues with my cousin. Well, Blue hopped into some other character's nightmare about a haunted house and basically the guy in the green striped shirt (Steve?) said "Well it's your dream, you can change it!" and little by little they changed the haunted house into a gingerbread house.

Well, of course, that night I had the nightmare. I wasn't able to change anything, but I was mildly aware it was a dream. Basically over the next few weeks I became more and more aware of the fact I was dreaming, until I eventually became completely aware. Then, little by little, I was able to change things in my dream. First, I made them slower. Then, I made them dumber. Eventually, I made those damn raptors tap dance. After a while, the ability just kind of spilled over into all of my boring/scary dreams.

There are other sites that are far more professional that will let you know how to lucid dream, but my suggestion is that if you have a recurring dream, use that to your advantage because de ja vu is a far better trigger than light or noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment